Summary of Today’s Podcast
- You will be able to pass on your expertise to the next generation of competitors.
- You will have your piece published in a scholarly representation of the next year of competition.
- You will have Chris Jeub and Monument Publishing as future recommendation (I write recommendation letters for my authors all the time).
- You will continue your winning streak by working with a group of other winners.
- You will make money. Monument Publishing pays its authors for the contributions they print.
We are looking specifically for three contents areas and three leagues for those areas.
- Policy. This is for policy debaters. We are prepared to support NCFCA and Stoa debate all year long, and NSDA through the summer months.
- Lincoln-Douglas. This is for Lincoln-Douglas debaters. We are prepared to support NSDA, NCFCA and Stoa debate.
- Public Forum (NEW!). This is a brand new offering for Monument Publishing. We are releasing Green Book for Public Forum Debate in June and plan to offer releases for public forum debaters throughout the year.
- Extemp (NEW!). This is for extemporaneous speaking. Releases consist of one focal news item for the week as well as one full tournament of questions for practice.
- Apologetics. I plan to rewrite all the lessons this year, releasing one piece of study every Monument Monday.
- Parli (NEW!). This is for parliamentary debaters. Releases consist of a deeper-level resolution to be debated as well as a tournament of resolutions for practice.
It is somewhat surprising when we realize how much we publish every year. It’s a lot! There are others involved in publishing materials for competitors, but no one as long as Monument Publishing. We need committed and responsible editors and writers to contribute to the team. Perhaps you would like to join us! Monument Publishing contributors need to be good…
- Responders. Firm deadlines are a necessary evil in our industry. Educators are literally beating on our door waiting for the release of our resources every summer, so editors and writers need to be extremely responsible in meeting their deadlines.
- People. Character is of utmost importance to us, both online and offline. Immorality or questionable conduct is never attractive to us, and we aim to partner with young people who are good role models among their peers.
- Writers. We have an editing team, but they need to read a lot of content. All contributors must have good-to-excellent writing skills.
- Competitors. We will choose good writing over competitive success, but it helps if you were a champion in that which you’re contributing. Your competitive success shows that you know what you’re writing about.
- Teachers. We especially like those competitors who have helped coach other competitors, even when they were competitors themselves. Team captains and club coaches tend to be the best contributors to that which we do here at Monument Publishing.
Do you feel you will be a welcome addition to the Monument Publishing team? Submit your application by filling out this online form. Applicants will be selected for the next publishing cycle. Upon acceptance, you will be sent a contract to approve. Then the work begins!