Sourcebook for Lincoln-Douglas Debaters
Since 2000, Red Book has been a staple for Lincoln-Douglas debaters. Authored by Chris Jeub, this edition teaches readers the structural demands of value debate while giving the strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots. You can trust Red Book to give you the tools necessary for successful Lincoln-Douglas debating.
What comes with your order of Red Book Teacher Edition
- Everything that the student edition has:
- A physical copy of Red Book, with reinforced coil binding.
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Free access to video content to accompany the lessons.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Activities for each lesson to be shared with your club or classroom.
- Digital access to the August Addendum, resolutional analysis and spotlight cases written specifically for current year's resolutions (currently supporting NSDA, NCFCA and Stoa leagues).
- Each comes with ready-to-run cases and opposition summary.
- Answer keys written straight into the assignments of Red Book.
- Additional helps throughout the student addition to enhance the classroom experience.
- Appendixes of lesson previews, reproducibles, drills and games, scrimmage instructions, and more.
- Sturdy coil binding to lay open for easy reading and study.
- All registered teachers editions come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Table of ContentsThe Teacher Edition comes with answers and teaching aids written straight into the full Red Book for Policy Debate. The following summarizes the table of contents, but adds the teacher material from the five appendixes that are included in the Teacher Edition. Teacher edition add-ons in BOLD.
- Teacher Edition Introduction
- Unit I: Structure of Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions
Appendixes — Special Additions for Teachers and Coaches
Appendix I: Lesson Previews
- Unit I: Structure of Lincoln-Douglas Debate (Lessons 1-3)
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases (Lessons 4-6)
- Unit III: Model Resolutions (Lessons 7-9)
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions (Lessons 10-12)
Appendix II: Reproducibles
- Worksheet for Lesson 1
- Worksheet for Lesson 2
- Worksheet for Lesson 3A
- Worksheet for Lesson 3B
- Worksheet for Lesson 4
- Worksheet for Lesson 5
- Worksheet for Lesson 6
- Worksheet for Lesson 7
- Worksheet for Lesson 8
- Worksheet for Lesson 9
- Worksheet for Lesson 10
Appendix III: Drills and Games
- Structure Deviation
- Speaking Drills
- Cross-examination Ring
- 10-Minute Cross-examination
- Piranha Pack
- Crutch Marbles
- Flow Check
- Two-minute 1ARs
- Echo Tags
- Cave Man Debate
- Four Corners Debate
Appendix IV: Scrimmage Instructions
- Pre-scrimmage Preparation
- Tab Room
- Some More Suggestions
- Appendix V: Teacher Membership
- Appendix I: Lesson Previews
Summer Releases Included ($30 value)By summer, several leagues release new LD debate resolutions. Red Book authors gather resolutional overviews and four "spotlight cases" after resolutions are released. Red Book owners use the digital code inside their book to download the Summer Releases, supporting the following leagues:
- NSDA. Their first resolution releases in August for the Sept/Oct resolution.
- NCFCA. Their resolution releases in June at their national tournament.
- Stoa. Their resolution releases in May at their national tournament.
Alternatives and OptionsThere are variations of this resource that you may want to consider buying into. These are separate products that must be purchased at the following pages:
- Red Book Student Edition ($29). If you prefer to purchase the student edition, click here.
- Lincoln-Douglas Debate Membership ($99/year). If you prefer debate releases weekly throughout the school year, buy into Monument Memberships.