Master the structure and strategy to winning public forum debates with the trusted Green Book.
Source Material for Public Forum Debaters
Learning public forum debate is made simple, successful and fun with Green Book and its related materials. Co-authored by Chris Jeub and Mike Wascher, the sourcebook teaches readers the structural demands of public forum debate, provides summer releases for preparation, and gives strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots.
Debaters trust Green Book to get the tools necessary for successful public forum debating.
What Comes With Green Book
- A physical copy of Green Book (for a digital download instead, see here).
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in public forum debate.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Activities for each lesson to be done as you study the lessons.
- Each release comes with resolution explanation, follow-up worksheets, and ready-to-run cases.
- Digital access to the Summer Releases, resolutional analysis and spotlight cases/briefs written specifically for the current year's resolutions.
- Physical Green Books purchased through this site come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Table of Contents:
- What Is Public Forum Debate?
- Units and Lesson Plans
- Scope and Sequence
- Adapting the Schedule
- What's Legal, What's Not
- Unit I: Structure of Public Forum Debate
- Lesson 1: Basic Preparation
- Lesson 2: Speaker Responsibilities
- Lesson 3: Flowing
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Lesson 4: Case Writing
- Lesson 5: Research
- Lesson 6: Crossfire
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Lesson 7: Cuban Embargo
- Lesson 8: Military Spending
- Lesson 9: Electoral Colleges
- Unit IV: Ready for Competition
- Lesson 10: Competition
- Lesson 11: Topic Release
- Lesson 12: Write Your Own Cases
Summer Releases IncludedGreen Book authors gather topical overviews and three "spotlight cases" after the September/October resolution is released by the NSDA. Green Book owners use the digital code inside their book to download the Summer Release. The NSDA will release their topic August 8, and summer releases will be available August 31.
Alternatives and OptionsThere are variations of this resource that you may want to consider buying into. These are separate products that must be purchased at the following pages:
- PDF ($29). If you prefer to purchase the PDF version only, click here.
- Teacher Edition ($39). If you prefer to purchase the teachers edition, COMING SOON.
- Bulk Order Package ($190). If you would like to purchase blocks of 10 books, click here.
- Public Forum Debate Membership ($99/year). If you prefer debate releases weekly throughout the school year, buy into Monument Memberships.