This is a limited-time $0 offer for teachers and coaches of academic debate. These books are packaged individually and may only be ordered one at a time. A small shipping charge applies.
Source Material for Policy Debaters
Learning policy debate is made simple, successful and fun with Blue Book and its related materials. Policy debaters have relied on Blue Book since 1998, a true staple for their preparation. Co-authored by Chris Jeub and Vance Trefethen, the sourcebook teaches readers the structural demands of policy debate, provides summer releases for league-specific preparation, and gives strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots.
Debaters trust Blue Book to get the tools necessary for successful policy debating.
What Comes With Blue Book
- A physical copy of Blue Book.
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in policy debate.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Activities for each lesson to be done as you study the lessons.
- Each release comes with ready-to-run topical case, affirmative extension, and negative brief.
- All tags and evidence are triple-checked and hyperlinked, ensuring top standards for evidence integrity.
Table of Contents:
- What Is Policy Debate?
- Units and Lesson Plans
- Scope and Sequence
- Adapting the Schedule
- Your Digital Addenda
- What’s Legal, What’s Not
- Important Changes to This Edition
- Unit I: Structure of Policy Debate
- Lesson 1: Basic Preparation for Policy Debate
- Lesson 2: Speaker Responsibilities
- Lesson 3: Flowing
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Lesson 4: Elements of an Affirmative Case
- Lesson 5: Stock Issues and Other Elements of Debate
- Lesson 6: Research
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Lesson 7: Domestic Surveillance
- Lesson 8: Federal Court Reform
- Lesson 9: Trade with China
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions
- Lesson 10: Your Policy Debate League
- Lesson 11: Understand the Status Quo
- Lesson 12: Spotlight Cases
- Blue Membership
- Answer Keys
Coach Vance debated in National Forensic League debate while in high school from 1979-1982. In college, he judged at high school NFL tournaments in North Carolina. A homeschooling dad himself, he realized the growing potential and benefit of homeschool debate and switched over to coaching homeschoolers a couple years later. In 2001, he helped Chris Jeub with bringing The Blue Book to a more advanced level. He has been co-authoring Blue Book ever since.
Coach Jeub is owner of Monument Publishing. He authors and co-authors several of the publications, but enjoys plugging other speech and debate talent into key writing positions.Mr. Jeub resides in Monument, Colorado, with his wife and 12 of his 16 children. Over the years, his family has carried five titles in two different leagues.
Sharing and Legality
Sharing the sourcebook contents and/or its digital components is strictly prohibited. Sourcebooks are designed for individual competitors. “Sharing” does not include utilizing cases or briefs in a debate round by showing the material to opponents, judges or tournament administrators. Sourcebook owners are allowed to utilize their sourcebook material as they see fit, but are not allowed to share that utilization with others.