This product is one of $2,000+ worth of textbooks, archives and curriculum available for $199. Plus, you get infinite access to all the downloads plus any edition upgrades we do in the future. In other words, you never need to buy a textbook again. Available on our membership website, with or without a current membership.
Black Friday/Monday Special: $100 off • Expires December 4, 2018
The following consists of the complete season release of cases and briefs from for the topic listed below. Upon purchase, you will have access to a Word Document containing each of the cases and briefs listed. NOTE: Notice the release dates at the footer of every page. It is strongly advised to check each hyperlink before running any piece of evidence in an official debate round.
Resolved: That the United States Federal Government should significantly change its foreign policy toward the People’s Republic of China and/or Taiwan.
- History of U.S. Relationship With the PRC since 1949
- History of China, 1900-Present
- History of U.S. relationship with Taiwan
- Political relationship and tensions between PRC and Taiwan
2. Introduction to Affirmative Debate & “Stock Issues”
- Decision-Making in a “Real World” Situation:
- PREPARATION and RESEARCH
- STAY ON TOPIC
- A CLEAR PROPOSAL
- WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?
- MAYBE IT WILL WORK ITSELF OUT
- WILL THE CHANGE WORK?
- UNPLEASANT SIDE-EFFECTS
- IS THERE A BETTER WAY?
- Policy Debate Imitates “Real World” Decisions
- Preparation and Research
- Stay on Topic
- A Clear Proposal
- What’s the Problem?
- Maybe It Will Work Itself Out
- Will the Change Work?
- Unpleasant Side-effects
- Is There a Better Way?
3. The Affirmative Case: From Idea to Completion
- First Step: Reading
- Second Step: A case idea appears
- Third Step: Focused Research and Clipping Quotes
- Fourth Step: Writing the Plan
- Fifth Step: Becoming an Expert
- Why is Evidence Important?
- What Defines Evidence?
- What is Credible Evidence?
- Do I Have To Read the Whole Thing?
- Do I Have to Find More Evidence?
- Special Addendum About Ethical Evidence
- Customary Practices Considered to be Fabrication
- Check List for Detecting Fraudulent Evidence In the Debate Round
5. Additional Resources
- Sites with case ideas or background reading
- Case ideas
- DOLLARS AND SENSE: THE CASE FOR CURRENCY MANIPULATION SANCTIONS
- PROMISES TO KEEP: THE CASE FOR ENDING TAIWAN ARMS SALES
- CONTROL FREAKS: THE CASE FOR RELAXED EXPORT CONTROLS
7. Negative Briefs
- NEGATIVE BRIEF: CURRENCY MANIPULATION – NOT A PROBLEM
- NEGATIVE BRIEF: END TAIWAN ARMS SALES – Bad idea
- NEGATIVE BRIEF: EXPORT CONTROLS are good
History of This Resolution
CCofSE 2010-2011 Policy Resolution
This sourcebook was provided in print edition for a new league in the homeschool debate community called the Christian Communicators of the Southeast (CCofSE). The leaders of the league asked Vance Trefethen to pull together both instructional chapters as well as three model cases with accompanying negative briefs to serve as examples of good debate case development. This guidance encouraged Monument Publishing to adopt some of the instructional chapters in later Blue Books, especially the chapter on evidence.