The following consists of the complete season release of cases and briefs from for the topic listed below. Upon purchase, you will have access to a Word Document containing each of the cases and briefs listed. NOTE: Notice the release dates at the footer of every page. It is strongly advised to check each hyperlink before running any piece of evidence in an official debate round.
Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially reform its trade policy with one or more of the following nations: China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan.
Download #1: Spotlight Articles (August 2015) plus Early Season Addendum (October 2015)
- History of East Asia Trade
- The Status Quo of East Asia Trade
- Spotlight Cases:
- Spotlight #1: “AARGH! The Case for WTO Retaliation for Chinese Cyber Piracy” (Summary, Case, 2A, Neg Brief)
- Spotlight #2: “It’s a Gas: The Case for Exporting LNG to Japan” (Summary, Case, 2A, Neg Brief)
- Spotlight #3: “The Buck Stops Here: The Case for Stopping Currency Manipulation” (Summary, Case, 2A, Neg Brief)
- Complete Early Season Downloads
- Case #1 Chinese Cyber Piracy
- Case #2 LNG to Japan
- Case #3 Currency Manipulation
- Case #4 China Export Controls
- Case #5 End China Arms Embargo
- Case #6: Oil Export to S.Korea
- Case #7 Chinese Mercantilism
- Case #8 End Taiwan Arms Sales
- Case #9 Taiwan Submarines
- Case #10 End KORUS FTA
- Case #11 Taiwan FTA
- Case #12 Solar Panels
Download #2: Midseason Supplement (January 2016)
- Trade Deficits Don’t Matter
- Trade Deficits Do Matter
- Foreign Trade Irrelevant to the US Economy
- Trade Liberalization / Free Trade – bad
- Trade Liberalization / Free Trade – good
- China is No Threat
- Repeal Anti-Dumping Duties
- Bilateral Investment Treaty with China
- CHUSTIA – China/US Trade & Investment Agreement
- CHRPA – China Human Rights Protection Act
- Korean Car Quotas
- Declare China a “Market Economy”
3rd Release – 1/1/16
- Food Inspections – China
- Formaldehyde in Wood Exported to Japan
- Formaldehyde in Wood Imported from China
- Intellectual Property Rights Protection
- S. Korea Missile Defense
- Trans-Pacific Partnership
- Vance Trefethen, author of Keys to Team-Policy Debate and head coach of Training Minds Camps.
- Stefanie Klaves, 2015 National NCFCA Finalist and Region 6 Champion.
- Eric Meinerding, National contender as Wisconsin quarterfinalist in NCFCA.
History of This Resolution
Stoa 2015-2016 Policy Resolution
The National Invitational Tournament of Champions was held in Springfield, Missouri. Monument Publishing hosted a National Intensive Training Camp the weekend before, and 80% of its teams broke to out-rounds. The final round was between Laura Hempton / Justin Holiman of California and Jake Johnson / Ryan Klimek of Colorado.