This is a limited-time $0 offer for teachers and coaches of academic debate. These books are packaged individually and may only be ordered one at a time. A small shipping charge applies.
Source Material for Lincoln-Douglas Debaters
Learning Lincoln-Douglas debate is made simple, successful and fun with Red Book and its related materials. LD debaters have relied on Red Book since 2000, a true staple for their preparation. Authored by Chris Jeub, the sourcebook teaches readers the structural demands of Lincoln-Douglas debate, provides summer releases for league-specific preparation, and gives strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots.
Debaters trust Red Book to get the tools necessary for successful Lincoln-Douglas debating.
What comes with your Red Book
- A physical copy of Red Book.
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Each release comes with ready-to-run affirmative and negative cases.
- Activities for each lesson to be shared with your club or classroom.
- Each comes with ready-to-run cases and opposition summary.
Table of Contents
- What Is Lincoln-Douglas Debate?
- Units and Lesson Plans
- Scope and Sequence
- Adapting the Schedule
- Your Digital Addenda
- What’s Legal, What’s Not
- Important Changes to This Edition
- Unit I: Structure of Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Lesson 1: Basic Preparation for Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Lesson 2: Speaker Responsibilities
- Lesson 3: Flowing
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Lesson 4: Your Value Proposition
- Lesson 5: Contentions
- Lesson 6: The Rebuttals
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Lesson 7: Civil Disobedience
- Lesson 8: Privacy vs. Security
- Lesson 9: Liberal Arts vs. Practical Skills
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions
- Lesson 10: Your Lincoln-Douglas Debate League
- Lesson 11: Preparing for Tournaments
- Lesson 12: New Spotlight Cases
- Red Membership
- Answer Keys
Coach Jeub is owner of Monument Publishing. He authors and co-authors several of the publications, but enjoys plugging other speech and debate talent into key writing positions.Mr. Jeub resides in Monument, Colorado, with his wife and 12 of his 16 children. Over the years, his family has carried five titles in two different leagues.
Sharing and Legality
Sharing the sourcebook contents and/or its digital components is strictly prohibited. Sourcebooks are designed for individual competitors. “Sharing” does not include utilizing cases or briefs in a debate round by showing the material to opponents, judges or tournament administrators. Sourcebook owners are allowed to utilize their sourcebook material as they see fit, but are not allowed to share that utilization with others.