This is a limited-time $0 offer for teachers and coaches of academic debate. These books are packaged individually and may only be ordered one at a time. A small shipping charge applies.
Sourcebook for Lincoln-Douglas Debaters
Since 2000, Red Book has been a staple for Lincoln-Douglas debaters. Authored by Chris Jeub, this edition teaches readers the structural demands of value debate while giving the strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots. You can trust Red Book to give you the tools necessary for successful Lincoln-Douglas debating.
What comes with your order of Red Book Teacher Edition
- Everything that the student edition has:
- A physical copy of Red Book, with reinforced coil binding.
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in Lincoln-Douglas debate.
- Free access to video content to accompany the lessons.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Activities for each lesson to be shared with your club or classroom.
- Each comes with ready-to-run cases and opposition summary.
- Answer keys written straight into the assignments of Red Book.
- Additional helps throughout the student addition to enhance the classroom experience.
- Appendixes of lesson previews, reproducibles, drills and games, scrimmage instructions, and more.
- Sturdy coil binding to lay open for easy reading and study.
- All registered teachers editions come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Table of Contents
The Teacher Edition comes with answers and teaching aids written straight into the full Red Book for Policy Debate. The following summarizes the table of contents, but adds the teacher material from the five appendixes that are included in the Teacher Edition. Teacher edition add-ons in BOLD.
- Teacher Edition Introduction
- Unit I: Structure of Lincoln-Douglas Debate
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions
- Appendixes — Special Additions for Teachers and Coaches
- Appendix I: Lesson Previews
- Unit I: Structure of Lincoln-Douglas Debate (Lessons 1-3)
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases (Lessons 4-6)
- Unit III: Model Resolutions (Lessons 7-9)
- Unit IV: League-Specific Resolutions (Lessons 10-12)
- Appendix II: Reproducibles
- Worksheet for Lesson 1
- Worksheet for Lesson 2
- Worksheet for Lesson 3A
- Worksheet for Lesson 3B
- Worksheet for Lesson 4
- Worksheet for Lesson 5
- Worksheet for Lesson 6
- Worksheet for Lesson 7
- Worksheet for Lesson 8
- Worksheet for Lesson 9
- Worksheet for Lesson 10
- Appendix III: Drills and Games
- Structure Deviation
- Speaking Drills
- Cross-examination Ring
- 10-Minute Cross-examination
- Piranha Pack
- Crutch Marbles
- Flow Check
- Two-minute 1ARs
- Echo Tags
- Cave Man Debate
- Four Corners Debate
- Appendix IV: Scrimmage Instructions
- Pre-scrimmage Preparation
- Tab Room
- Some More Suggestions
- Appendix V: Teacher Membership
- Appendix I: Lesson Previews
Coach Jeub is owner of Monument Publishing. He authors and co-authors several of the publications, but enjoys plugging other speech and debate talent into key writing positions.Mr. Jeub resides in Monument, Colorado, with his wife and 12 of his 16 children. Over the years, his family has carried five titles in two different leagues.
Sharing and Legality
Sharing the sourcebook contents and/or its digital components is strictly prohibited. Sourcebooks are designed for individual competitors. “Sharing” does not include utilizing cases or briefs in a debate round by showing the material to opponents, judges or tournament administrators. Sourcebook owners are allowed to utilize their sourcebook material as they see fit, but are not allowed to share that utilization with others.