Teaching public forum debate? This teacher edition gives answers, teacher prompts, activities, drills, and much more for teachers of Green Book.
Sourcebook for Public Forum Debaters
Learning public forum debate is made simple, successful and fun with Green Book and its related materials. Co-authored by Chris Jeub and Mike Wascher, the sourcebook teaches readers the structural demands of public forum debate, provides summer releases for preparation, and gives strategic substance to excel in the round to win ballots. Debaters trust Green Book to get the tools necessary for successful public forum debating.
What comes with your order of Green Book Teacher Edition
- Everything that the student edition has:
- A physical copy of Green Book, with reinforced coil binding.
- Twelve lessons in four units to walk you through the essential instruction in Public Forum debate.
- Free access to video content to accompany the lessons.
- Worksheets customized to each lesson to help measure retention.
- Activities for each lesson to be shared with your club or classroom.
- Digital access to the Summer Addendum, resolutional analysis and spotlight cases written specifically for the Sept/Oct NSDA resolution.
- Each comes with ready-to-run cases and opposition summary.
- Answer keys written straight into the assignments of Green Book.
- Additional helps throughout the student addition to enhance the classroom experience.
- Appendixes of lesson previews, reproducibles, drills and games, scrimmage instructions, and more.
- Sturdy coil binding to lay open for easy reading and study.
- All registered teachers editions come with a 100% money-back guarantee.
Table of ContentsThe Teacher Edition comes with answers and teaching aids written straight into the full Green Book for Public Forum Debate. The following summarizes the table of contents, but adds the teacher material from the five appendixes that are included in the Teacher Edition. Teacher edition add-ons in BOLD.
- Teacher Edition Introduction
- Unit I: Structure of Public Forum Debate
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases
- Unit III: Model Resolutions
- Unit IV: Ready for Competition
Appendixes — Special Additions for Teachers and Coaches
Appendix I: Lesson Previews
- Unit I: Structure of Public Forum Debate (Lessons 1-3)
- Unit II: Strategy of Debate Cases (Lessons 4-6)
- Unit III: Model Resolutions (Lessons 7-9)
- Unit IV: Ready for Competition (Lessons 10-12)
Appendix II: Reproducibles
- Worksheet for Lesson 1
- Worksheet for Lesson 2
- Worksheet for Lesson 3A
- Worksheet for Lesson 3B
- Worksheet for Lesson 4
- Worksheet for Lesson 5
- Worksheet for Lesson 6
- Worksheet for Lesson 7
- Worksheet for Lesson 8
- Worksheet for Lesson 9
Appendix III: Drills and Games
- Structure Deviation
- Speaking Drills
- Crossfire Ring
- Piranha Pack
- Crutch Marbles
- Flow Check
- One-minute 1ARs
- Echo Tags
- Cave Man Debate
- Four Corners Debate
- Appendix IV: Advanced Strategies
Appendix V: Scrimmage Instructions
- Pre-scrimmage Preparation
- Tab Room
- Some More Suggestions
- Appendix VI: Teacher Membership
- Appendix I: Lesson Previews
Summer Releases Included ($30 value)By summer, several leagues release new PF debate resolutions. Green Book authors gather resolutional overviews and four "spotlight cases" after resolutions are released. Red Book owners use the digital code inside their book to download the Summer Releases for the NSDA. The releases will be similar to Unit III of Green Book consisting of a full chapter explaining the ideas behind the resolution and a history of its conflicts. Each of the Spotlight Cases consist of summaries, cases and refutation strategies for the cases.
Alternatives and OptionsThere are variations of this resource that you may want to consider buying into. These are separate products that must be purchased at the following pages:
- Green Book Student Edition ($29). If you prefer to purchase the student edition, click here.
- Monument Membership ($99/year). If you prefer debate releases weekly throughout the school year, buy into Monument Memberships.